What’s new in April
This month we are super proud to have released a number of new features that can help our users get the most out of their data and transform the way they work with data across the enterprise.
This is a biggy; we have now released new functionality that allows users to send data from The Data Refinery to a downstream system. This empowers our users to activate or share data that has been centralised, enriched and enhanced by The Data Refinery.
We already support ingesting data from 100’s of source systems, so it was logical that once a large amount of value has been built through insight and data analysis within the platform, users want to then share that data or update other systems with valuable insight.
The use cases for this feature are broad but some examples are detailed below:
- The Data Refinery's intelligent Segments or Audiences can now be sent to marketing tools to enable one-off or continuous flows of data that can be used to more accurately perform marketing activities.
- Retail data from multiple sales systems can be combined or consolidated and then sent to key supply chain, fulfilment or CRM systems.
- Financial data generated by transactional systems can now be analysed and validated before being sent to key accounting systems.
- A 360 degree data flow of data where a system is both a data source and a publishing target, allowing users to improve the data in that system and see enhanced performance over time.
This feature has so many applications that we will follow up with a dedicated blog post, but in summary, any data that is connected to The Data Refinery and subsequently refined, segmented, queried or visualised can now be sent to a downstream system.
Our users have been busy creating segments and views of their data using our wizard- based query builder. To give users a helping hand we have curated several of what we consider to be high–value segments that can be used as a starter template. These pre-curated insights allow our users to quickly create views that can be used to inform marketing and sales decisions. Building out libraries of segments, charts, queries and insights is key for us in the coming months to ensure our users can get value from their data immediately
Force 24 Integrations
Our friends over at Force24 now have both inbound and outbound data connections available within The Data Refinery. This allows users to send contact data from any connected system in The Data Refinery directly to a Force24 marketing list in readiness for a marketing campaign. That data can also be re-ingested to evaluate the effectiveness of the campaigns that have been created.
See below for a list of minor improvements and bug-fixes that have landed since our last roundup:
- Our onboarding tour guide has been improved to include clearer instructions and video content
- A number of security patches have been rolled out across the platform
- Sort & Ordering of tabular data is now available within our insight builder.
- Fixed an issue where chart labels were being clipped in some scenarios
- Fixed a couple of theming issues and vastly improved our light theme
- Fixed an issue where the status of a connection was inconsistent
- Fixed an issue where chart labels were overflowing in some scenarios
- Updated role assignments to restrict access to row level data
- Fixed an issue to ensure branding logos are current
Our roadmap can be viewed here, and is ever-evolving, we will ensure that all future features are based upon and prioritised via customer and community feedback.
Want to see these changes in action? Drop us a message and we'll show you how The Data Refinery can work for you!